Sunday 6 January 2013

My favourite inventions of 2012

 
   I want to wish everyone a Happy 2013! Heres to hope this year will be full of fantastic inventions and research! I wanted to highlight a couple of my most favorite from 2012.

   DARPA's robot navigating an obstacle course. It is amazing what people can make out of algorithms, sensors and machine parts. This has to be my favorite artificial intelligence creation so far. The only concern with the high increase of robotic inventions in the world, is putting them for good use. Unlike ASIMO robot who is currently being used to deliver coffee at the Honda offices, robots like these could actually be utilized in dangerous environments where human involvement would prove fatal.

    Another one of my favorite inventions is the Corning Willow Glass. With the current market highly invested in making applications smaller and lighter yet still maintaining their usefulness, this thin, light and cost efficient glass can greatly improve mobile devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment